Friday, March 23, 2007

Rockin the Soccer Field...

Playing soccer mom today, I watched as my kids frolicked about. My big boy taking out his team and the opposing team as he steam rolled down the field. Chrissy plays to win, I love that about him... Marisa skips around the edges of the field, making friends and saying her big hello's... She is the most friendly person I have ever met, she is ever soo popular. I sit with the twins, doing the normal mom shit, stuffing there faces with snacks and begging them not to exit the stroller. I sit there on the bench, cell phone glued to my ear, talking rapidly to my best friend of nearly 20 years, asking her why I can't seem to befriend the other moms... (seriously they don't talk to me, at all..)

Why don't I have any friends here Tre I mean seriously, I do the same shit, I am out here every Saturday, kids in tow, fold out chairs, snacks, ya know just like the rest of these fuckers...

Laura, cuz you aren't like them...

Sure I am... I mean I could be, wait..... what the fuck is that supposed to mean??

(laughing) No, you aren't, you never were and you never will be... Laura, look around, what are the other women wearing?

Ummm, t shirts and jeans, sneakers... why?

and you?

umm, super cute tiny pink sundress I got in London, my Nicole Ritchie over sized sunglasses and some sandals why???

(laughing again.....) Laura, you don't dress like them, you don't act like them, you do the stuff, cuz your kids love it, but you are not a soccer mom.... do you even own a t shirt??? seriously, I have known you since we kids, you never fit in with the crowd, you stand out a bit, you have your own lil look, your own lil way of being... I always liked that about you, it isn't a bad thing.. could you see yourself friends with those people??

nahh, I suppose not.. hey you have friends here...

yeah, well I am one of them....

She totally is to, and if we met today, we most likely wouldn't be friends, but I have known her since the 5th grade, she is totally stuck with me...

Spending my whole life in little groups- I was always the odd girl out... I was a total stoner in HS, hanging with all the Metal Heads, but I wore ruffled shirts, and dresses, I never even owned a concert t shirt till I was 25. Before that I was a cheerleader and swung with the popular kids, I wore punk clothes, handmade jewelry I made from discarded Star war figures and shaved my head into a mohawk. Junior High I was Student Council president, but I wore trash bags that I made into rockin dresses (look up Toto Coelo, they were cool, I was inspired) and strange wigs, hot pants and tube tops I found in my baby sitter's hooker stash... I mean I was in a group that had a clearly defined signature look, a defined role in the school and an assigned social stereotype. Yet, I challenged those stereotypes and made up my own little rules. I was the only stoner to make the honor role, and the only cheerleader to get the boot for skipping games for concerts. Ohh well, I guess I still live within that realm. I am part of the group but making my own little rules as I go along... my rules rock, way harder... I still think I am just a tad bit cooler than the crowd...

3 comments:

4 Non Blogs said...

Heh heh...you should see me when we go to all the little birthday parties.
I've seen mom's get a glimpse of me and pull their kids closer.
Like I might eat them. Or Molest the. Or sacrifice them to Satan.
Ok, my dark Lord does need souls..but nahhh.
I love kids. I've had 5. Kids love me. Lighten up people.

Fuck'em Shroom..we wouldn't like'em anyway.

Mob said...

Seriously, I dread having children in a way for this very reason, because most functions the wife has to attend already have that 'house full of assholes' feel to it that I have zero interest in, and I'm sure that will only get worse when we have to socialize the children.

nouseforaname said...

skincarver- no shit huh, I look around lots of big flat asses, in jeans that are unbecoming.. lots of better than thou looks and their snot nosed kids screaming as they try to zone out to the sounds of Jimmy Buffet..

Mob- yeah it gets worse, way worse....