Monday, March 19, 2007

The London Trip....and fall and get back up again....



funny, every time I go away, I say to myself I could live here... I come back looking around me, and wondering why it is that I stay in a place I hate soo much. Maybe it was the reasoning in which I stumbled into this big dump of a city, maybe it is the reasons I feel stuck to stay.... but Atlanta always leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a endless pit in my stomach... a trip away reminds me how much I settle and get caught up in the routine, and how if I truly want to live, I have to and need to shake things up....

London was beautiful.... I had a nice time...

I am still struggling with the boy issue, I can't seem to snap myself out of it. Watching him talk, I traced the outline of his lips with my eyes. Thin, light pink lips that beckoned me to kiss them, but it didn't happen. I imprint images, smells, memories, I can not seem to shake them. I can still smell his skin, hear his laugh, see his understanding eyes... I really don't know what to do.... I guess nothing... life is a waiting game, we wait for this, we wait for that, everything in terms of seconds, minutes, days, months, I suppose this is no different.

Ok, ok the trip- here ya go:
Long flight in, passengers with bad breath should indeed take the gum that is offered to them as to not completely fuck up their seat mates trip... that is all I am gonna say about the flight....

Thursday- found my way from the airport, to the train to the tube and to the hotel... I felt mighty accomplished. I then found my way to the museum with the wickedest Dinosaur exhibit I have ever seen.... then on my way to Harrods to grovel in designer heaven. I touched the racks of Versace and Valentino, I fondled the price tags, gagging slightly on the steep prices, I paid homage to the greats... Jimmy Choo, Manolo, ya know all the gods.... I bought a 12 dollar sandwich in the food mall, and promptly threw it in the trash, cuz it was nasty... I wandered in to H and M and thought everything looked cheap and tacky after the Harrods adventure... I later met with Guy who used to do a cool lil blog called Venting Spleen, he has been a solid bud now for quite some time... seen pics, but they don't do him justice as he was quite handsome. Off to get the American girl drunk- whooo haaaa!!! We met up an hour later with Christopher who had a lil blog called Legitimate Front once upon a moon, but he sucks ass at keeping it updated... Now Chrissy is a cutie pie, and beyond fuckable (don't tell him I said that, I often make him uncomfortable with my forward ways- seriously he thinks I stalk him) but c'mon now, what a face, wanted to squeeze it... off to get more beer, hooray.. they made fun of me, and looked a bit annoyed at times, possibly a Brit thing...ummmm or maybe I am just annoying... who knows... had a nice time, lovely, lovely boys, think we will all be friends for a very long time....

Friday- got up super early a bit smelling of beer, and feeling the tack of dry mouth syndrome, drank some water and hopped the tube for a 6 am run through Hyde Park. I wished the ducks and the majestic swans a hello, and hoofed through the paths, my breath heavy in the cold thick air. Met up with the Boy, and well you read the last one, he was cute.... he was charming... blah, blah, blah, ohhh but one thing, he does have a fairly feminine voice, so I guess that is something bad right.... naaah still cute.... we went up to Camden Market and laughed through shops of kitchy sudo punk, now mall trendy clothing. Bought some fabulous sunglasses, that I haven't taken off since... not the purple ones, I ditched those, the big white ones... love em!!! sat in a pub and drank, laughed and raced to name the 80's metal playing in the pub... got to talk to String (of Victorian Robots)on the phone, have you seen his pic? he is cute tooo! I was pretty drunk, I think I rambled something about kittens can indeed kill you... not sure... ohh well... After scoping out some Joey hats (remember the Joey of Friends goes to London hat, yeah totally wanted to buy one, but noooooooo someone wouldn't let me, who says no one would get that pop culture reference- you seriously are underestimating the power of Friends... don't make me got there with the Ross and Rachel story again....) Oh yeah off on a ramble but I also set out on buying more snow globes than anyone should own. Then back to move hotels, and drink some more and my first fish and chips, they were alright, but everything tastes good when you are hammered.... I love England, I get to drink!!! Let the tears roll when I had to say goodbye, absolutely floored me how much that killed me. Back to my hotel room, phone ringing Guy making sure I wasn't absolutely gutted... and I was, so in the shower, and down to his neighborhood for more drinking and complaining.... I adore Guy, he was the bestest friend to have.... a bit too drunk to be back on the tube, missed my stop cuz I was flirting with a draq queen and had to catch a bus back... ohhh me..... what a day......

Saturday- up early, went running again at Hyde Park, took a few different turns and saw all the lovely gardens in Kennsington. Wished the swans and ducks a good morning... Was supposed to meet up with the Toast dude, but I swear I couldn't find him.... I looked, and looked and looked, but Paddington Station is huge and I hadn't a clue where we where to meet exactly. With no way to get a hold of him after about an hour and change, I gave up.... sorry dude..... caught a bus to Portobello Market- ok, I kinda found heaven.... junk, food, and old clothes- come on now.... I had fun.. spent money.... lots and lots of money.... came back dropped off the goods, and ventured on to see the historical sights, ya know, Big Ben, that gaudy Ferris wheel, and watched lots and lots of cheesetastic drunk young ins running around the square in Saint Patrick's Day hats... shoulda bought me one of those... walked around and watched the sunset off the bridge... pretty.... walked way to far, as it got more and more dark.... back to the hotel, Guy and Chrissy out of town for mothers, day so off to bed for me....

Sunday- got up and caught the tube to Regents Park for a early morning run. It was cold, prob to cold for a run, my nose ran non stop.... but Regents park backs up to the zoo, there is a small path that wraps around the back, so I got to say good morning to some Monkeys and sheep and other smelly creatures as I trippity troppity over the path... Went to Piccadilly Circus and checked out the Saint Paddy's Day parade. ok, I hate parades, this was no different... if they weren't gonna hand out free pints, I could give a rats ass. I ducked into Lilly White's (think that is the name) when the rain hit and found a mecca of sports gear.... bought soccer and rugby jerseys for all... Now felt a small connection to Chelsea as, had my ass grabbed by more than a few drunkards after I got off the wrong stop landing me in the middle of a crowd of big boys dressed in blue after a game... seriously I was the only girl on the train and wearing a small mini skirt... same day an drunk Irishman with no teeth tried to grab me and kiss me, to bad from him I am strong and have a wicked shove... knocked his ass over, much to the amusement of his friends.... but I was saying, I bought the kids lots of soccer gear, jerseys scarves, junk..... hung out for a while but started to feel chilled and feverish, back to the hotel for a nap... and some American Idol on the telly..... honestly I was exhausted and feeling a bit depressed so stayed in....

Monday- off to run at Hyde park one last time.... I really loved that, the air is so fresh and brisk in the mornings, the early runners, the older gents walking there dogs, the equestrian riders trotting past... nothing better..... got packed up and off to catch the tube to the train to the airport, to wait in long lines, security checkpoints and beckoning gift shops saying Lo, don'tcha wanna cash in those last pounds on some lovely chocolate and post cards and of course I do... I am a retail whore... you put a for sale sign on it, I am sooo there.... long flight home, watched Bobby (good movie) and some other movie with Jude Law (yummmmmmy) about some kid thief in Knights Bridge.... ok movie.. met a hot Norwegian who was 6 foot 9 and hot, but he was off to Oklahoma... why????

Home, cried when I saw my monkeys, missed them more than anything... they tore apart my suitcase looking for their gifts, we cuddled and snuggled and I have no plans of leaving them anytime soon..... if things had been different with the boy, I would have felt justified in going, but honestly I just couldn't justify being gone that long, just to twit about by myself.... I loved, loved London and I could totally see myself living there... now....mmmm onto planning.... I realized first and foremost, I am not happy with my life, and gonna have to work really hard to make some changes... cuz ummmm if ya like white boys with blue eyes, pin striped suits and checked shirts , and I do!! then London is where it is at... hot boys everywhere...... so ya know........

10 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Sounds like you had a rare old time.

I am gutted that we didn't get to meet. I'm trying to meet as many bloggers as possible. It seems to have developed into something of an obsession.

Hey ho.

Some other time, maybe.

ROENTGEN said...

That's something between fabulous and desasterous.

Life is a lemon and you should get your money back!

Lovely regards from sausage capital.

Mob said...

Sounds like a spectacular trip, glad you had so much fun!

Reese said...

what i remember about england is that there are lots of really tall men, which is nice, since I especially like tall men.

Glad you had a good time, gained some perspective, etc. Sorry about the tossa.

nouseforaname said...

Toast- yeah bum deal, sorry again... maybe next time....

Roentgen- ha, the money back would be nice, but as you and I know well, if there wasn't drama would we be happy? raising my hand high, hell yeah I could do without the drama once in a while... I wanted it to work, I wished it for it to work, God must hate me.... fuck....

Mob- it was nice, I want to go back... next time I pack the monkeys and don't come back... loved it there...

Reese- ya know, I was quite happy with the man landscape of London... quite happy... hot brit boys everywhere I turned... the tossa, yeah me too... bum deal...

Knitty Yas said...

awwwwww you had a very well rounded trip! you experienced everything!! good stuff girl i'm glad you had a raucious good time. lets go move to a beach somewhere. :D

and if your moving to england you'd better take my ass with you.

i hear its prime for writers.

nouseforaname said...

Yasamin- I could see that, it was a very inspiring city... I would love more than anything to move there, but realized quickly it is wicked expensive.... but ya know, gonna mindscramble to make some sense of how could I should I want to... if so, dude of course you can go with, I will need a flat mate....

Blog said...

Hot guys there, and LOVE the accents. Hottness.... Sorry it wasn't exactly the trip you imagined, but alone time can also be rejuvenating, right? I loved Hyde park when I was there.... Glad you're back safely and that you got away for a bit. :)

nouseforaname said...

Haley O- you are smoking crack, alone time sucks.... kidding, I got bored of being alone after about an hour... seriously I haven't been alone in 10 years, felt wierd... really wierd

Dale said...

Sounds like an adventure and journey of every possible kind Shroomy. Welcome back.