Sunday, March 18, 2007

Against the advice of all....

I met him anyways.... I hoped desperately that he was fat or ugly, but he wasn't, he was the cutest boy I have ever seen.... I hope he was an asshole, but he wasn't, he was charming and more fun than anyone I have ever met... He had sky blue eyes, that I could spend a lifetime looking into and never get bored... am I afraid to sound vulnerable or foolish? naaahhhhh, I could honestly care less... I really hoped I wouldn't like him, but you can't be in love with someone for the past 8 months and just let those feeling go.... well not me at least, I fall into lust and like all the time, but this one had me at go... I can't play evil girl games and hate him, or act like he doesn't exist and strike him from the planet.. I had to meet him.... it was hard, but I had to.... He walked into the room and I loved him 10 times more, and after spending the day, I loved him a thousand times over.... I have cried more than I knew I was capable of, but I don't regret meeting, it was one of the better days of my life... I know what happened wasn't done with malice or a need to hurt me, it happened as a consequence of bad timing, and circumstances beyond one's control. His girl is a lucky bird, and I completely plan to capitalize on any and all pitfalls that relationship falls into....

deep breath....

8 comments:

Tenacious S said...

There's nothing worse in life than "What if's." Sometimes you have to do things so that you won't spend eternity wondering. Hope you at least had a great time there.

Knitty Yas said...

you did what you had to do. now its just a matter of living.

next time.. i'll go with ya! we'll party it up with blogger buddies from the island and drink till we cant remember what shoes we wore that night and hit on proper englishman.

and maybe.. just maybe... he'll realize he picked the wrong girl. ;)

Tumuli said...

He picked the wrong one. His mistake.

Jill said...

Did I miss something?? I'm so confuse right now!!!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Yeah, me too.

2 Dollar Productions said...

It always feels good when things work out even better than they were planned.

ROENTGEN said...

Oh gawd Laura. That sounds like the worst case scenario. I'm so sorry to hear that. And while I read your post I hoped that he would fall for you immediately and leave his fluffy brit bird for a parrot like (I shall not finish this sentence)...

anyway: hope you kick the shit out of UK and "try" to have a bloody good time anyway.

xoxo

nouseforaname said...

Tenacious S- yeah, I agree, I could have never lived with not knowing....

Yasamin- no maybe's involved here!!!

Tumuli- agreed...

Jill and the Toast- gotta read the last 8 months over.... I guess, it all leads up to the whole reason I went to England to begin with, which was to meet the boy I have been hopelessly in love with, a week before I was to go, got the dreaded email from him saying he had fallen for another, I went anyways, met him, and la de dah, we are where we are today.....

2 dollar productions- yes they were better than expected but more heart breaking than I could have ever imagined....

Roentgen- yeah, me too, all day I hoped the same thing... we will talk.... mess, utter, utter mess...... I have never been sooo depressed..