Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I am sooo looking forward to summer.....

Cold season hit my house loud and proud this winter.... Seemed as soon as we had Lysol'd and disinfected the next wave hit, over and over and over again, the kind of waves that knock you off your feet and threaten to pull you under. The makers of Motrin and Tylenol should be sending me thank you letters for all the cases of their shit I have had to purchase. Atlanta is not a cold place, but winter's here are hard on the system. Cold and raining one day, sunny and 70 degrees the next. Your body can't adjust, it just leaves it wide open for a range of virus's and lovely infections. My lil house has been hit by the stomach bug more times than a trailer park in tornado country. I have scrubbed more puke out of stain loving carpets than I could have ever imagined, I washed more loads of clothes than I can count, and toted my monkeys more times to the doctors than my insurance will allow.... I spent my weekend in the Emergency room, with a little puking buggar that had the most amazing aim. I am sorry for my lack of posts, my head is swirling with sinus infections and migraines from lack of sleep. I can't be creative in this mode, I can muster a few comments and possibly some snappy retorts but full on posts will have to subside till I can sleep more than a few hours and clear my head....

10 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

Feel better, Mistress.

Urban Daddy said...

Awwww,

You poor thing. I feel for you and your kiddies. We had that on the tail end of our trip, the whole family in dire straits and it was tough, tough, tough. But you have double the kids we do, and 1/2 the help.

I do find that all these bodily fluids desensitizes you over the yers. Shit, piss, vomit, mucas, all that stuff it's so overrated. Especially when it winds up on you. That is why we have mother's and father's day.

Take care. Get loads of sleep and drink lots of Gatorade for the fluid losses.

4 Non Blogs said...

Hope you get better soon, kid.
You know those Airborne tablets they sell everywhere now? Get some of those. They don't do shit, but they're really tangy and make the water bubble!

nouseforaname said...

Samurai- thanks...

Speakeasy- yeah, you do become completley desensitized to it all, puke still smells wretched though, I can handle the rest, I just hate that smell....

Skincarver- I tried one the other day, ewwww.... not good... I will just continue to pop vit C like it is candy...

Jill said...

Take care of yourself and the monkeys!! They are more important for you than us!! And don't forget the you time!!
And 70 F, wish we would have that down here during the winter!! When it's sunny here, it's like -20C, pretty cold!!

Becca said...

Get better!

Knitty Yas said...

dear god i hope everything gets spiffy soon!! you got England to look forward tooooo!!!! hehe.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

It's never nice in the Trenches. is it?

Urgh.

Teri said...

I hope all you monkeys feel better.

gosh, I never get sick and if I do it's allergy stuff.

my heart goes out to you!

ROENTGEN said...

Something was brewing eh? ... hmmm