Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ways to Avoid Having Sex with Assholes- part 9

Don't Fall in Love with Them....

I have an ex, fuck, I have lots of ex's.... Some I keep in contact with, some I wish an untimely death upon, and some that just disappeared into the horizon of time and non caring... I have one, that I once upon a time loved a great deal, but he was nothing but drama, drugs, and disease.... He was sexy as hell, and he could get me to do things I never thought I would do. He would look at me with those piercing blue eyes, and I would just melt at his feet. We met on a blind date, matched up through a friend, who thought we would might like each other. I walked into the bar, saw him sitting slumped in his chair, this great cloud of arrogance hovered around him,visible even to the naked eye. I walked up, he didn't bother to greet me, just held his arm out as if to beckon me onto his lap. I sat down, slightly unsure, slightly nervous, for this boy had that sorta of dangerous charm that made my knees weak. He wrapped his arm around my waist and buried his face into my hair, gently kissing my neck, he whispered, "you are perfect." I was soo smitten.. I smiled, playfully biting my bottom lip, I stroked his face with my hand and leaned in for the kiss. It was a kiss that lasted three years, three years I was completely lost in him.. I supported him through a struggling career, I held him in cold sweats coming off your drug of choice. I picked him up when he laid face down in his own vomit and piss. I watched him rise to stardom it was fun even if only for a minute, and stood proudly in the sidelines... I looked the other way when girls would call our house or when he smelled of perfume and pussy. I threw myself into the rock star girlfriend role, I loved him beyond the definition of love. I was young.... I was confused..... I had no sense of me, and no real sense of self esteem. I lived for those calls from the road, I clipped all the articles, sat in his lap during off takes for videos and jumped into his sweat dripping arms after shows. Eventually, I sorta woke from the dream, packed my bags and I left all the lonlieness, hurt and drama behind. I left all of rock and roll behind, actually. I started new, and until this blog, rarely mentioned those days. I didn't want to be some one's groupie anymore, even if I was the main one... I wanted to be more than a just a piece of ass, to someone. The boy in mention keeps in touch here and there, I get the random email, or phone call - sorta just making sure the other is alive type of thing. He never really says anything, he really never reaches out.. but the email I got last night said:

I have been reading your blog, it is funny. I especially like the groupie shit.... you were a wild one.... I have been trying to figure the whole time line on those things, anything you want to share Lo?? I can see how they all fell for you, you have these amazing eyes. Big brown eyes, and when you kind of tilt your head down, you do this thing when you look up. I don't know how to explain it but it is the sexiest thing I have ever seen. Plus you have those great lips, big pouty sexy lips. You are good about making someone feel like they are the only one, like no existed before them and no ever could after. Sometimes I miss you, if I hadn't treated you so bad, would we still be together or is it ever in the cards we could be together again? what do you think?

Funny, that came at just the right time, made me feel pretty... girls like that kind of shit... but as far as I am concerned, ex's are ex's for a reason. This one, for more like a million reasons... I know he will read this and understand. He will know why I couldn't just answer in a simple email. He understands my need for closure and will respect my need to question it, explain it and leave it in the past, where it belongs... but the email did take me back a few years for a few flashbacks down memory lane... I had a good ride, but it was indeed time to get off.....

19 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

My word.

What to say to this? Rock star boyfriend, eh?

Seems like you forgave a whole bunch of bad action and nasty smells. Are you game for more of the same?

Leopards do not change their spots. They might moult once in a while, but don't let that confuse you.

nouseforaname said...

ultra toast- Ohhh noooo, I quit playing those games a long, long time ago....

Dale said...

You said 'get off'. Good call.

Steven said...

Strange...I always wanted to be just a piece of ass to someone. ;)

Steve~

4 Non Blogs said...

Ya know..when I read the title, I always think it's some column on sexual technique.
"If your partner squeals 'Wrong hole', adjust your aim and try again."

Jill said...

I'm proud that you at least find some self esteem trhought all that bad relationship...
But it just not fair that we have to go through all that shit to find out our value!!

Blog said...

Ooooo, that email was hott! But, yeah, exes are exes, and that's that!

ROENTGEN said...

oh gaawd. that's such a touching thing actually. i bet you were kinda smitten again. but thats actually balm for the soul isn't it...

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's as good a first date story as I've heard in awhile - love the beckoning & the 'you're perfect' line. Brilliant.

Grump said...

When he didn't get up to greet you. You had me hooked, I had to come back to it a second time. Somehow we all fancy a shit once in our lives. My brother is one of those, drives me mad.
Woof x

nouseforaname said...

Dale- ha! you sooo funny....

Steve- well you're just a piece of ass to me...

Skincarver- yeah, I hate it when that happens..... big ooops and an owwww.....

Jill- I like the ups and downs, makes me feel like I have really lived....

Haley- yeah, it had a momentary effect on me as well.... past is the past..... onto greener pastures...

Roentgen- compliments are nice... compliment from boys you had wished had acknowledged you a bit more and loved just a bit more are even nicer.... but like we both know.... it is best to leave those boys far far behind...

Two dollar productions- awww thanks....

Grump- I guess sometimes we like the cocky arrogance, it is a turn on... but that doesn't last...

Becca said...

You should write a book, your discriptions are so great I can just picture the smoke-filled clubs and the sweat soaked nights.

nouseforaname said...

Becca- ohhh thanks hon, the more I document them all, the more I start thinking the same.... I guess the blog gives me a chance to give lil abreviated versions of them... something to think about....

Reese said...

Lol skincarver.

Shroomie, isn't it amazing the shite a person will put up with?

nouseforaname said...

Reese- seems to me the best loves I have ever had are the ones that are totally inconvient, over the top dificult but totally passionate... I wonder if I could ever settle with mundane, missionary and routine... naaaaahhhhh, never gonna happen.....

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Oh, and my email address is: ultratoastmoshagod@googlemail.com. Let me know if you want to meet up when you get to London.

Knitty Yas said...

sometimes it takes them years and years to realize their stupidity and what's worse... its too late. i have this feeling that he always loved you and always will. Now that he realizes it... he doesnt know what to do with himself. he fucked up the one good thing he had.

its so painful when you go through it... but once its the past... that's all it should be.

and i'm going to be very jealous if you get to meet toasty. :'(

Tenacious S said...

I can't think of a single ex that I would want anything permanent with again. Sure, I still think about most of them from time to time. They were a part of my life and my history, but that's the way they should stay.

nouseforaname said...

Toast man- thanks... that is super sweet and cool of you....

Yasamin- yeah, always seems to be the way huh, when they have us, they don't appreciate us, when they loose us, they act like they don't give a shit, years and years later, they finally realize it... acting as if time and life hadn't occured since then... ohh well... bummer for him....

Tenacious S- history is nice to read about from time to time, maybe even checkout the documentary or look it up on microfiche... but yeah I don't want to relive it....