Monday, February 26, 2007

Ooops.....

When I was a wee pup my father used to tell me if I touched my eye, my finger would stick into my pupil (which he explained was nothing more than a hole) and my eye would ooze and basically pop out. Regardless if I really believed that shit or not, I was scarred and had weird eye phobia problems my whole life. I mean seriously it took 7 contact lens fittings for me to get past the cold sweats and the whole passin out in the optometrist's bathroom bullshit. I am cool with my contacts now, and I no longer fear eye kabobs. But it did take me some special one on one counseling from my Anatomy professor and a little help from Dr. Picardo to get over it all. But I wonder.... about the brand of crap I unload on my monkeys. My youngest baby girl, is as stubborn as me, she only wants to do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it. I get the whole runabout and scream Nooooo game quite often, which I really don't enjoy. When I try to recapture her wanton self, she runs even faster, and hides. She is deathly afraid of monsters so I threaten, "Roo get your bootie back here or monsters are gonna eatcha!" running back, baby hair flying behind her, she leaps into my lap, hugging me tightly willing to consend to whatever crap it was I wanted her to do to begin with. When she won't go to bed, I threaten; "Roo get in the bed luv, or I am gonna let the monsters get you" she hops in the bed, pulls the covers up tight around her face, gives me a fake shiver and says; "ohhh noooo monsters!"

I wonder is she smarter than I and she is just playing the game or have I doomed myself and her to a life of weird bogeyman closet dreading poltergeist bullshit.. well if I have, I apologize in advance.......

5 comments:

ROENTGEN said...

spookey. i mean. really. yikes the eyes.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Well, look at it this way. Your child may become a vampire hunter.

Every cloud..

nouseforaname said...

Roentgen- tell me about it.....

Ultra Toast- awww I like your postive outlook.... my monkey a vampire slayer- that would be the coolest...

4 Non Blogs said...

Pffft....that's it? Once when my oldest daughter was 6, I put on a Michael Myers mask, got a butcher knife from the kitchen, and crawled on my belly to the bathroom while she was in the tub. She freaked out so bad I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER.
I scare all my girls on a regular basis. It's good for them.

Jill said...

outsmarted by a 2 years old, come on Shroom!!!
Smart as her mommy!!