Saturday, February 17, 2007

Walking Contradictions


Funny, when I try to define myself, and I often do. Filling out all those online applications for swinging singles takes a lot of thinking.... I can never seem to really come up with solid concrete terms that describe me... the things that I think I can do or can't do seem to have all sorts of grey fuzzing about. For example:

I am capable of love- I mean I would like to think, yeah I have no issues falling in love, I would like to think that, I can easily say "I love you", but I can't... I often want to, I probably should now and then, but I can't... Part of me can't for fear I won't hear it in return, the other half stops it in mid I... because of fear that if it is returned one day it will be taken away.. and that is even more painful. But yeah totally open to it, but then again, I don't know.... I just hate getting hurt... such a bummer.... but I guess it is more fun to just in jump feet first than it is to sit there and test the water, over and over again... the water may never feel right, and what a loss that would be... I love swimming...

I can apologize-
Sure I can say the words, but I know for a fact that most of the time I utter them, there is no truth behind them whatsoever, that they are just words that I say to get the other person to just shut the hell up. Especially when I know I am right, and I am most likely to be right... I guess the true mark of my sincere apology, is when I really try to correct the situation, then you know I really care... otherwise total bullshit.. sorry....

I am patient- Ok, not really, because a true patient person wouldn't have to tell herself over and over and over again to be patient...

I am giving- Yeah sure, with my kids, I would die for them.... but don't ask me to borrow my fave skirt, it ain't gonna happen. And I hate the idea of ordering Chinese and everyone shares... fuck that, if I ordered the kung pao shrimp it is because I wanted it, and I'll be damned if you get any...

I am romantic- fuck, for real, this one is a real tightrope for me. I always coveted myself as a wham bam thank you mam type of girl, fuck me and get the hell outta here... but as I get older, I really love all the cutesy shit.. I think more and more I want that old fashioned courtship and all the little shit that comes along with that.. so if anyone knows, how that shit works... there are gifts involved yes??

I am a good listener- yes, if it is something I want to hear, otherwise, after years of listening to screaming, forever talking kids, I have become the master of the tune out and look like I could give a rat's ass look... I smile real pretty too....

I am a social- yes, I can clearly state that I am a social little twit if I have been drinking... and I can say that if approached, I will most likely talk your ear off about most anything. But I am scared to death to approach new people. Seriously I went through semesters in college, where I didn't talk to a soul. Then I found alcohol and it was smooothe sailing....

I am confident- mmm, on a good day, hell yeah... When I know my ass looks great in my jeans, and my hair actually is working... then yes definitely confident. One a bad day, hell no..... on most days hell no... my hair almost never works..... I live in that eternal struggle, I am a fit girl who always feels fat, a healthy girl who always feels sick, a cute girl who always feels ugly. I can look in the mirror and give myself a fair assessment, but like all girls need reassurance to maintain that smug "I know you want me" look all day. I guess that is why I don't mind the pervs at my work that hit on me, makes me wicked uncomfortable but they validate this internal need to feel wanted... sad..... sadder that I was able to recognize that about myself....

I guess none of this is news to me... I know myself pretty well. I can say that I am pretty open, I have been through it all, and I always figure, if it happened more than a day ago, it is a story.... I am good about detaching the emotion and stripping it down to it's bare parts... just a story... I learn new things everyday, sometimes they surprise me, sometimes they don't. I guess like all people, we are walking contradictions, that it would be difficult to clearly and in concrete terms define ourselves..

if only those forms could be less complicated, I could be getting me some serious action more regularly.... ok, regularly would be pushing it... regularly would imply I actually get some....

fuck it, I will just lie.... that works right.....

12 comments:

Mob said...

fuck it, I will just lie.... that works right.....

Now there's a great foot to get any budding relationship off on!

Those things are stupid anyway, descriptions like "I enjoy movies, fine dining.." who the fuck doesn't enjoy a movie and a meal in a restuarant?

Sociopaths, that's who.

Unknown said...

I agree 1000% I am not sure why we have this masochistic need to define ourselves at all. I am everything. I am a hard ass and a marshmallow. I am a feminist who likes to have doors opened for her - unless you want to get thrown THROUGH said door.
I am afraid the only person I would attract on E-Harmony would be Ted Bundy.
"Inside me is a skinny girl just screaming to get out - Usually, I can shut her up with cookies."

nouseforaname said...

Mob- I think I will be just as anti social and psychotic as possible and see what the hell happens... ha!!!! that doesn't differ too much from my normal approach...

Loudmouthbitch- I can't define myself, I feel like I change everyday... I grow everyday or I regress... never quite sure where the pieces fall when I throw them in the air... ohh well... yeah, I get a lot of those prison types... they love me in the slammer.... plus I send out lots of nekkid pics- gets em everytime.. ok, I send Pamela Anderson's nekkid shots- but still it is my damn stamp!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Good luck trying to fit yourself inside those kind of parameters, and I would tend to bet that the ratio of pure truth on those kinds of things is extremely low.

Al Sensu said...

And the guys should write:

I'm needy and clingy while at the same time incredibly horny. I don't understand why I don't get laid more. I'm told my house is a slobfest, but I don't understand why they say that. Looks fine to me.

ROENTGEN said...

Just to sum it up. I think it's so totally not about confiding yourself of what you are or not - even not - hello: it's all about self reflection. Some people are SO NOT capable of self reflection, and that's sad, they mostly act like suckers, so: you're doing perfectly.

Grump said...

Hi I read your post most morning thanks. They say a photo is worth a thousand words. Some of us are very visual others like the words. I like to see.
Woof. x

Jill said...

I know you were probebly talking about the love thing for your lovers, but the most important, are you able to say it to your kids??
And Just be... Without asking yourself what you should be!!!

nouseforaname said...

2 dollar Productions- I refuse to let the man, by man I mean keeper of the cock, define me!!! I am free! I am me!! I am really sucking at this whole dating thing and need computerized surveyed help!! fuck......

al sensu- see the incredibly horny thing gets me everytime- just my type!!!

Roentgen- yeah, I am doing ok... actually I am... I really am, aren't I??

Grump- ohhh you are a voyeur... mmm we are a perfect match, I like to watch....

Jill- of course, the kids are a different story all together- I tell em I love them constantly- I prob smother them with love and kisses and hugs... but yeah lovers those are hard... there is always an element of uncertaintity with lovers... and just be is the best advice ever!!!! smart thinking baby cakes....

Angie Pansey said...

You're just being modest as usual! You've got it all, and then some! Keep workin' it girl...we love you!!

nouseforaname said...

Angela- awwww thanks.... you always make me feel all warm and squishy inside... you trying to get in my panties???? mmmmmm?????

Sherry said...

Nothing great can be defined in categories. Knowing yourself is the best asset.

p.s.
Lies are ok if you're just looking for one time fun sort of thing ...