Friday, February 23, 2007

The end to my leisurely weekends is near....

This is the last of my lazy, lay around the house weekends. My comfortable, cozy Saturdays will soon end and chaos will ensue.... Right now the weekends consist of nice non complicated days, nothing scheduled, nothing expected, just some quality time with the monkeys, a few high pushes on the swings and a romp in the yard with the pup... Sport seasons will soon swoop in and take every spare moment that I had reclaimed as my own, and the ol mini van goes in full suburban mom swing. My oldest girl plays tennis and volleyball and my boy plays some mean ass soccer. So my evenings will be spent carting the monkeys around, snacks in tow, satellite radio on random search and large bags of random crap tossed in the back. They love it, I love it!!! I love the hustle and bustle, the obnoxious sideline cheering for my babes! I wish my parents had been as accommodating, when I was a kid. I desperately wanted to be involved in something, jeez anything... but schedules and family obligations constricted my time. In the 5th grade, they put in tennis and racket ball courts in my school. I was hooked seriously, every morning I showed up at my best friend's house, rackets in hand begging her to go play. She hated every second of it, and frankly she sucked, but she was an excellent friend and she dealt with me. I would play everyday for an hour before school, I was soo into it... who knows, if things had been different, I could have gone all the way, even been on the cover of Wheaties.... or maybe not... either way, and obviously no resentment in tact (not...) I am totally looking forward to this spring season....

ohh yeah, the crazy one in the pic-that one is mine- his body is much more suited for football than soccer and he treats every game as a mission to seek and destroy. Seriously, he runs down the field, just knocking kids down left and right... it is awesome- he makes me soooo proud...

12 comments:

Mob said...

I presume he picked up the tongue trick from you as well?

You're very much the antithesis of the soccer mom, by the way...

nouseforaname said...

Mob- uhhh, yeah well, we're rockers, what do you expect?? I had to look up antithesis- but yes, I suppose I am.. trust me, none of the other mothers like me at all.... in fact they don't even talk to me... cool by me, I can't do track suits and juice boxes anyways....

Creepy said...

Seek and destroy, huh. He obviously gets that from his mother.

2 Dollar Productions said...

That must be a major time drain, but at least yr. kid is smart enough to try and combine 2 sports into 1. Time savings.

nouseforaname said...

Creepy- you know it!

Two Dollar Productions- I got nothin but time, prefer to be super busy and be right there front row center for the monkeys and all thier adventures!!!

Knitty Yas said...

lmao! your kids freakin cute. he's gonna crack heads and break hearts when he gets older. ;p

get his ass into football girl! ;D in fifteen years i wanna see you doin campbells chunky commercial being a total milf on tv.

and i loooooooved raquet ball. so did my dad. :) i still have his and my mom's raquets

SamuraiFrog said...

That kid is sick! I love him!

Reese said...

what a cute little guy!

Sherry said...

You've taught him well, little instigator in the making ...

That photo is too cute!

nouseforaname said...

Yasamin- he is a handsome lil devil.... he was even once scouted by a top modeling agency once even, but we couldn't just up and move to Miami for just one kid.... I would totally rock a Campbells commercial... fun stuff!

SamuraiFrog- isn't he!!! he rocks, walking intimidation and always with an armful of lil groupies too.... the wee girlies love him...

Reese-he would take your knee caps out for calling him little...

Sherry- I know, I hate to admit it but when he runs down the field knocking those kids down, I secretly love it... the other parents looks... I love it...I am evil... lol!

ROENTGEN said...

Seeeee... it's a wonderful thing to have family even if its stressy sometimes. it's going to pay off....

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

He looks better suited to Rugby over Football.

He appears to be doing the Maori war dance - The Haka