Friday, February 09, 2007

And so it is done....

Two years, I have been home, hanging full time with the kids.. Two years, I have devoted pretty much 24 hours of my every day to my babies.. I love em dearly, but Mama has got herself an itch, and like all itches it needs to be scratched. I pushed send and whoooo haaaaa, I got myself a sweet plane ticket for a much needed vacation. I booked my flight and come March, my fast little ass is heading across the pond to flirt with all the cute Brit boys I can manage to squeeze in 4 days. I love being a full time mom, it is the ultimate gig... it really is.... As much as I whine and complain, it beats every other job I have had ten fold. While pregnant with the twins and for many years before hand I worked two jobs, I barely had time to breathe much less time to stop and enjoy the scenery. Now, I get to not only see it all, I get to take it all in and even make a few side trips here and there. These past two years, I have gotten to attend every tennis game, soccer game and volleyball practice and cheer my ass off. I have gotten to watch the monkeys get on the bus every morning and hug em a big hello when they get home. I love it... I have gotten to watch all sorts of cartoons, actually learn to cook, read a book or two and bask in the glow that are my babies. But as any full time mom know, the gig allows for very little "me" time... So I figured two years of complete selflessness deserves a little indulgence. Soooo for a couple days I get to dust off the ol mini skirts and hooker heels, stay out late, drink a bit tooo much, and make out with a few random strangers. There will be no boogers randomly wiped on my sleeves, no kool aid stains on my shirts, and no diaper bag slung over my shoulder. Love it! Although I know I will probably cry the whole way there and call my babies every 10 minutes, I am sooo thrilled I can take a couple days, regroup, revisit "me" and totally relax. So March as it looks, is gonna be a most excellent month....

18 comments:

Urban Daddy said...

England?!?!

Huh?

Canada. We are in Canada.

Also a member of the Commonwealth and we also have the Queen on our currency. Close.

I didn't think that the Brits liked Americans very much. I know they like Canadians, but then again, who doesn't. :)

You can tell them you are Canadian. We'll let you be one for the 4 days. No charge.

Knitty Yas said...

ooohhh lucky you. i wanna go. I know! you can totally squeeze my chunky ass into a trunk and take me with you!!! :D yes??

well you can't blame a sista for tryin. lol

you totally deserve it so have a blast and bring me back a shotglass and lots of pictures... for evidence of course. :p

Becca said...

Every good mother deserves a break...color me jealous.

nouseforaname said...

Speakeasy- awww honey, everyone loves me.... I am sorry, I am bypassing Canada. You were just hoping I would give you sneak and peak huh.... next time love, next time...

Yasamin- dude, you wanna come- come on then! Open invite, if you can get some time off and a ticket, we can party!!! and yes, I plan on taking lots of pics.... of nekkid boys the morning after...ha, ha, ha....

Becca- I am wicked excited... but I still tear up when I look at my babies, thinking I am gonna miss a couple days with them...

Dale said...

Excellent, does the UK know what it's in for? Leave it in one piece please in case any Canadians you know might still want to go.

Blog said...

Being a sahm is so rewarding. But, gotta have a break sometimes!! I'm soooo glad you're going to England!? SWEET!! Talk about drool...those accents do it to me every time! ;)

Knitty Yas said...

lol oh my god girl you got me checkin my budget. lol

Sherry said...

Long past, Shrooms, long past. Make sure that you wrap your legs around some cute Guy(s) for me, heh heh ... and show those Brits how Latina women get down.

Jill said...

Be careful not to forget your plane back, when you will rocking those Brit!!

nouseforaname said...

Dale- awww babe, I am sure they don't have a clue... ha!

Haley-O- like I said it is the best gig, but yeah agreed ya gotta have a bit of me time....

Yasamin- hell yeah lady!!!

Sherry- no shit, no ones works it like us latinas... we got that lil hip blender action that the other girls just can not duplicate..

Jill- umm yes thanks I will remember the condoms...

Reese said...

feel free to bang my ex-boyfriend. he has red hair and lives in york. he has a fine physique. you'll enjoy him.

4 days seems so short. can't you squeeze in a week??

Tenacious S said...

Good for you. I remember the first time I went away. I had been with my daughter everyday of the first four years of her life and the whole first year of my son's. I missed them and brought pictures of them with me. The second time I went away, not so much guilt and missing of children. I think I'm ready for another mommy getaway. Have fun. England is fabulous. I hope to get back there again sometime in the not too distant future.

nouseforaname said...

Reese- awww thanks for sharing babe, but ummm I'm cool, already have a ready made list of boys I plan on stalking...

TeneciousS- I know it is gonna kill to get on that plane... My big kids totally understand, they have sleep overs and stuff planned anyways, my babies, ohhhh I tear up just thinking about it, I got Great Grams coming out to watch them and they love her to death sooo they will be nice and plump pups from all the cookies and cakes Grams loves to bake...

ROENTGEN said...

You so deserve this holiday! Hatch that plan and make it evil.

And yeah. Canada. Yout totally stop by in Halifax or in NY so we can meet ;-)

Yay Yay!

nouseforaname said...

Roentgen- ohhhh yes, it is devious indeed.... when you gonna bring that cute bootie over my way??? we do need to hook up, for real...

Anonymous said...

I wish you a fabulous time. I've always wanted to harass the Brits myself but you'll do a better job, I'm sure.

Mob said...

Have fun, I hope the UK can handle the truth, y'know what I'm sayin?

You go girlie.

nouseforaname said...

Teri- yup harassment is my specialty....

Mob- ohhh I am sure I will be handled alright.... looking forward to it in fact...